We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

application

Well we heard back from the adoption agency yesterday and had to submit some more information about how we plan to finance the adoption. I submitted more information today and got a reply that we should hear back next week. Keep praying that our application will be accepted and that we can start our adoption. I know God has a plan for us and we just need to keep praying for Him to reveal it.

I thought pretty confidently that we would be accepted this week, but I know from past experience whenever I feel very confident about something is when God reminds me to rely on Him and not me. With that in mind, the follow up was a good reminder. So we will continue to stay humble :)

My grandma sent a card to us today thanking us for the get well card. She fell and broke her hip at the beginning of January and just got back home from the nursing home this month. She mentioned that she hopes we get to adopt a little girl. I sometimes wonder how my grandparents will react to us adopting. Granted I am adopted and they have always been very accepting of me, but will it be different with an African child, especially if they are older? I guess only time will tell.

I suppose for now I really need to wait for this process to begin before I think about all these small factors. If they do not accept our application our process will be over before it even begins. I know we really hope this will happen. It feels like God has placed this in our hearts.

So all of my posts are really random thoughts, if you are trying to follow them keep in mind that I just write whatever thoughts pop in my head. If you can tell it's a pretty confusing place in here :)

Thanks for reading and I will keep you posted on our status.

1 comments:

Jason Lee said...

Thanks for the update Megan (& Dustin)! We're praying for you as God reveals His plans for you to adopt. We look forward to hearing more!

Jason & Jen