We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

vision

It's interesting how late at night or early in the morning when you can't sleep your mind starts to think of all sorts of things. This morning I woke up to the thoughts of what our little girl will look like. It's funny to think about that since we have such a long ways to go, but at the same time I remember feeling the same way when I was pregnant. (If you haven't noticed already I refer to being pregnant a lot in this blog about adoption, there are so many similarities.)

I woke up thinking about how she would have big brown eyes, round little cheeks and a tight little afro puff of hair. I would corral her hair with either a pretty little headband wrap, braids finished off with colorful barretts or my favorite two afro puffs. Her brown eyes would be dark and yet bright as a child's should be. They would have a happiness and wonder to them as they explored a new world around them. Her little round cheeks would have a rosy caste to them and when she smiled would turn into perfect little balls of joy. Her smile a bright white against the dark color of her skin and a laugh that would fill the house with squeals of joy. I imagine her with spindly little legs and a small but round little tummy. I could see she and Christian running around the house together, chasing each other and holding hands. I am sure as the process moves along the images I had will change, especially once we get a referral. I know God already has the perfect little girl planned for our family and I can't wait to see what He has in store for us.

After I was done daydreaming about our little girl I couldn't help but turn over and look at Dustin. I had the simplest of smiles on my face, it's the one of joy, the one only God can provide, the one I would get when I was pregnant, the one that says I love this child even though I don't know them. Even as I write this that smile still appears knowing that one day this new addition of our family will be here to complete us. We will become the Snyder 5, it's got a catchy ring to it :)

0 comments: