We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

waiting

Application turned in, check. now we just need to wait for a reply, hopefully coming next week. i checked into somewhere about a homestudy yesterday upon the recommendation of someone else who used young house for theirs. i was amazed at the quick email response i got from the director in charge. it was quite amazing and she even replied to my emails at 10:00 at night. she was made me feel much more comfortable about the whole process and answered some concerns we had about it.

I'm sure that anyone who has gone through a home study would agree that it's a little nerve racking when you're thinking about it. I am sure it will be different when we actually get the process started but for now I am nervous that they'll think we're unfit parents.

This week has been emotion overload. It's that time of month that I'm especially irritable (I seem to be annoyed by everything), I cry easily (bawled at the end of the movie Caroline this afternoon, and feeling blah. All of that on top of waiting to get started with this adoption seem to keep my mind going round in circles. Hopefully next week will be better, I'll be a normal person again and we'll feel better about getting this process started. I know that it will be a long process and there will be lots of waiting involved so I'm trying to get everything that is within our control done as soon as we can. Must be the control freak in me :)

I know when we got pregnant we wanted to tell the whole world about it, but at the same time we didn't want to just in case something happened. That's the same way I feel about this. We are just so excited about it, Dustin already announced it to the world on facebook, but at the same time it makes me nervous in case something happens and it doesn't go through. Just keep praying for our family and all the decisions that will be made in the next year. We hope that it follows God's plan and that we continue to keep His will in mind. It's very hard to stay on the right path and listen all the time. We're only human :)

0 comments: