We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

fundraising

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

I came across the most wonderful fundraiser inspired by this verse in the bible. Both Hands is a service project day to help improve a widow's home and raise funds for your adoption at the same time. I think this would be an amazing display of God's work and I hope that we can accomplish it this summer. I also found a couple other great ideas that I am going to try: baby bottle campaign and crop till you drop. I already know people that would probably come to a crop. The baby bottle campaign is asking friends, family and businesses to fill a baby bottle with spare change for a month.

I sort of feel weird about fundraising for something like this only because I know that there are lots of people who adopt every day and it seems like I don't really hear about them doing it. At the same time I look at the schedule of fees and think that there is no way we can do it on our own. God provides and works miracles in our lives, I don't expect this to be any different. There will be opportunities opened up to us through this journey and it will be exciting (and nerve racking) to see what God has in store for us.

Continue to pray for this child that is waiting for us, that our trust in God will remain steadfast and that our patience will grow.

0 comments: