We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Monday, March 15, 2010

paper pregnancy

Today we got a phone call from our new family coordinator, Terra. She sent us an email with many attachments of paperwork that needs to be completed and turned in by March 29th. Once this paperwork gets turned in we will be able to start the home study. I was hoping that we would be able to start it at the beginning of April, so far it looks like that should be appropriate in the time line of things. Which is wonderful. Several people have asked about when they think we will "get" her and I tell them it's about a year or so. I would love for us to get a referral by Christmas, if we're being "real" I would love to have a girl home by then but I know that probably won't happen. I just keep in my head that it could take a long time so that I don't get too disappointed or frustrated if it takes longer than we initially anticipated.

The first document I opened up was a guardianship paper. That opens up a lot of discussion. We have always been well intended but never seem to get around to filling out our will. We already had my best friend picked out if something were to happen to Dustin and I, but with this adoption I'm not sure that is still the right choice. She is a single girl and while putting two kids on her is a lot to deal with adding a third one feels like placing such a burden on her. We will definitely have to give this whole situation a great deal of thought and prayer. I know God will reveal the right choice to us.

It's amazing how after we made the decision to adopt that God just keeps giving us affirmations that we are making the right choice. We keep hearing about adoption all around us from friends who have adopted or thought about it to people we didn't know very well now telling us about their own adoption stories. Wherever we turn God is placing it plainly in front of us.

Tonight we will look at ALL the papers more closely and get started. For now it feels a little closer with every step. Praise God!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I think this is so exciting!! I can't wait to hear more about it!

Jason Lee said...

Great progress...so glad to hear it is moving along! Definitely quite a bit of paperwork and discussions to be had. Keep praying through it all and God will continue to keep the 'Big-Picture' (i.e.- caring for an orphan in dire need) in front of you as you move forward.