We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Friday, April 9, 2010

birth certificate

Well I finally got my new birth certificate in the mail. From the Hague training online it said that you should order at least 2 or 3 of them, which I just found out the other day. Hopefully we don't need more than one original. Turns out when you're adopting you have to have recent originals of your birth certificates and marriage certificate within one year of filling out your paperwork, very strange to me. I have noticed that there are lots of things in the adoption process that don't seem to make a lot of sense to me but I know that there are reasons these regulations are in place. Some dishonest person along the way messed it up for the rest of us and now we have more and more red tape to go through. Don't they know we just want to bring our little girl home and love her?

Today there is not much to say except that I am feeling a little overwhelmed and a little frustrated. There are a lot of baby steps in this process and I just want to get to the baby (figuratively speaking).

0 comments: