We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Thursday, April 8, 2010

sent off I-600A

I filled out our petition for an orphan form and sent it off to the USCIS. When we get our homestudy done then we will send that to the USCIS as well. I had been waiting to send it all at once but noticed on several people's blogs that they had sent their's before their homestudy was finished so I was glad to know that we could do that. It seems like anything that you have to depend on the government to process always takes a while so if we can get it started than that is one less thing to wait on in the future. Dustin and I still don't understand why we have to get fingerprinted for that by the federal government when we already got fingerprinted for our homestudy. I'm pretty sure I don't remember getting fingerprinted with a background check when I was pregnant with either one of our boys :) I told Dustin that I was pretty sure we have to get fingerprinted at least two or three times during the adoption process. There is also a new law that we will have to have another background check done while we're in Rwanda before we can return home with our little girl. So much red tape to get through. Well one more piece of paperwork done and sent in.

My parents called me and said that they completed the paperwork sent to them by the homestudy agency. Of course they gave us glowing reviews. I wonder if we get to read any of the letters our references send. Probably not, but it would be sort of interesting to see what they have to say. I just can't wait for the homestudy to start!

0 comments: