We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Friday, May 28, 2010

God is my encourager

For those of you who have been following our blog you have probably noticed the recent trend of me being frustrated, saddened and negative with my posts. Today we found out that the dates don't match for Dustin's physical so it will need redone and we got our police reports notarized down at the police station only to realize once we got home that the notary expires in July, so we will have to wait till next week to get those redone as well. I have been sort of frustrated with the paperwork and my heart has been aching, but today God sent some relief. A couple of my friends asked me to go down to our local friday fest and then out afterwards. I was standing around just talking and noticed this adorable little girl in a stroller who was black being pushed by a woman who was white. I was waiting to see if the father was also white to see if she was adopted. He was and I watched them go over to the river and then I continued to talk with my friends. As I was talking and standing there I couldn't help but think that I should have gone over to talk to them. Well they had walked on and I thought maybe they had left but then noticed them along the river again. I told my friends I was going to go and introduce myself to them. I walked up and admired their beautiful little girl and asked where she was adopted from. Rwanda! Turns out that they used a different agency but out of the same orphanage that we will be using. She told me her name and I remember reading a blog whose daughter had the same name. After I got home and checked their blog it turns out that it was the same one I had read a couple months ago. God is so amazing how He places things and people in our lives just when we need them. How awesome! We talked for a bit and it was truly amazing that we came to meet each other since they actually live in South Dakota. They have some big decisions to make and I pray that God leads them down the path the He wants them to take, we will pray for their family.

God knew that I really needed some encouragement and He gave it to me through a chance encounter with another couple who adopted from the same orphanage, who have 2 boys also and who are Christians. That is something only He could do. For those of you who are not believers all I can say is that you are missing out on the miracles He has planned for you. I'm going to end this post on the upside for a change and hopefully there will be more on the positive side in the future.

1 comments:

schrecengostfamily said...

God is good...all the time!! So excited for you to have that encouragement Megan! I know, too, how something so simple can mean SOOOO much. I was blessed to hold a 16 month old boy, adopted from Rwanda, just a few short weeks ago and the strength it gave me was astounding.
Praying for your journey to continue exalting the One leading you and for your hearts and minds to be content in His plan.