We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

faith-not really about the adoption, just in general :)

In a previous post I mentioned how this journey of adoption has really been more of a journey of my faith. In the last week or two I have really seen that take shape. At church a new Beth Moore women's study started, if you have never had the opportunity to do a Beth Moore study FIND ONE! She has a way of getting to your heart in a practical way and making you think about something that you may not have wanted to before. Anyway, so I went to that study where we talked about fears the first week and she also mentioned spiritual gifts which is another bible study I am in right now. The next day the boys and I went to Playdate of Purpose and talked about obedience. It seemed that God had a very specific message for me that week about being faithful to Him and obedient even in times when I don't want to, when I'm afraid, all the time. I was supposed to go out of town that weekend with a new friend of mine and just felt overwhelmed the night before while I was praying. I felt awful because I had to call her the next day and tell her I couldn't go. God was telling me to stay home and I would be blessed, if I was going to say I was faithful that meant even when I didn't want to be. Trust me I really didn't want to be, I really wanted to go away for a girls' weekend.

Well God did bless me with some great family time, a way for us to save money for the adoption, also went to the vacation bible school meeting that I was supposed to and talked to a woman at church for over an hour about adoption. I learned some things from her and also got encouraged. It's so nice to be able to talk to someone who knows exactly how you feel and can answer questions. I found out that the lady I was supposed to go with also had a very nice relaxing time by herself, maybe just what she needed. It could have been God's plan for us to remain growing friends instead of going away and perhaps not liking each other when we got back, you just never know.

There are daily lessons for each one of us and it looks like I'm still working on the one of trust and obedience. I pray that whatever lesson you are working on in your heart that God grants the holy spirit to culminate in you to change.

0 comments: