We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Friday, July 2, 2010

homestudy approved!

i just checked my email today and got a woot woot from our social worker (quite literally, lol) and our homestudy has been approved. It will be notarized and ready for us to pick up next week. I am soooooo excited! This means as soon as I can get it I can send it off to the USCIS, get our federal fingerprinting done, and then we will be approved to bring a child into the United States. While that process is getting done I will be making sure that our dossier is all in check and ready to go because once we get our approval it will be time to take a little road trip to Des Moines to get everything authenticated. Once that's done we can send our dossier to America World and it will be on it's way to Rwanda. Did I mention I am sooooooo excited? lol:)

I am finally feeling like we are making some sort of progress. We might, I do say might, actually be able to get our dossier sent out by the time school starts. Only about a month later than I thought it would get done (thanks again Family Practice) but at least done before school starts. Most of the other blogs I have looked at it took between 4-6 weeks before they got their I171H back with all the fingerprinting and everything. Now of course if the USCIS is really busy it will be later, but I am remaining faithful in God's perfect timing. Pray continuously, pray without ceasing! I am so thankful.

One person certainly worth mentioning is our homestudy case worker. She has been the one person to be really helpful whether it was answering emails at 10:00 at night, giving us helpful suggestions, doing things very quickly or just an inspiring word, she has really been a shining star for us. Thank you!

Hopefully any of you who may see me and ask me about how the adoption is going I will have a better spirit about it. I have been very frustrated for the past few weeks and have not been very pleasant when asked about the adoption, but ask me now. I am encouraged and excited again. I have shed many tears for the past couple of months and will shed many more. Today the tears can be of some relief and some joy.

Thank you to everyone who has prayed for us. Please keep praying. Pray that these next steps go quickly and smoothly. Pray that we continue to feel encouraged through God's strength. Pray that our little girl is being taken care of and that Rwanda will have some political peace.

1 comments:

About Me said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG, big step.

Rwanda is getting closer.