We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

I-600A submitted

Today I picked up our completed homestudy and sent it certified mail to join our I-600A application in Dallas, TX. Now we wait to hear from the USCIS office to find out where we go for our federal fingerprinting, from other blogs I've read it usually takes 2-4 weeks for that. I have absolutely no idea where we go to get that done, we're thinking maybe the quad cities. After the fingerprinting gets done it should be another 2-4 weeks and we'll receive I171H approval and will be ready to get our dossier authenticated. Just one more small step on our way to Africa to get our daughter, SO EXCITED!

For those of you who have been following I may or may not have mentioned that Dustin has also started a blog about our adoption because he has seen how blogging really opens me up. I love his posts because it gives me a better glimpse of funny little things that he may be thinking or feeling about the adoption that he may not verbalize to me. The same way he finds out lots of my emotions from my blog. It may seem weird that we are finding out things about each other this way but I really think it helps because there are lots of things that are easier to write than to say. I know for me I don't want to feel like I'm thinking about it all the time and having the same thoughts over and over and that's ALL I'm talking about so I just don't talk about it. If you want to read more about Dustin's blog just go to www.dustinsnyder.wordpress.com

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

OK, nice to know the process behind the I-600 because honestly, I had no clue! :) Are you guys working on getting everything else ready to go?