We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Friday, August 6, 2010

letting go

Yesterday we had another conference call with our agency. The news appears to be that because of the increase of adoptions in Rwanda and the current political situation that the wait time to expect a referral has also been increased. When I once hoped we would get to take our little girl to Kansas for our niece's graduation next year is now turning into hope that we will have her home by next Christmas. In the past month my hopes and spirits have fallen, and now with this news I know it's my time to let it go. The reminders of God's plan have not been enough for me, I have not truely given up control of this over to Him. It's time to let her go and giver her to Him. I don't know why it's so hard for me to do this. I know in my heart that it is the right thing to do and that God will protect her, but it hurts me so much to do it. I feel a great sense of loss instead of the hope I should feel.

We continue to wait for our biometrics appointment. We need to get some paperwork redone so I can submit it to our agency for approval before we get it all authenticated through the state. I will work on that this weekend or next week. Rwanda elections are Monday which is also the same day as a new friend is moving close to us with their little girl they just brought home from Rwanda last December. Please pray for all of the families who have been waiting almost a year now for any word from Rwanda. Pray for continued strength for me, I really need it. Thank you so much for following my blog, but if you see me please don't ask how the adoption is going. Right now I just can't handle it. Each member of our family will celebrate two birthdays during this adoption process. That's a long time. God's work is not done yet.

3 comments:

Hollie said...

We're all there with you Megan. I keep patient in thinking I know, when my daughter is in my arms, that the timing will have been perfect. I have to remind myself of this a hundred times a day....

Kelli said...

My husband and I have been talking about this lately too.

God's got this- and your little girl (and our Jake).

Praying for you!

kelli

Mel said...

I don't have any words of wisdom for you Megan. Just hold tightly to God's hand, and He will lead you. He knows the plan. I do know how you feel about waiting on Him, and His timing though. It's very hard, and very frustrating. Your precious little girl is in His hands, and she will be in your arms very soon.