We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rwanda adoptions are closed

Well the good news is God answers prayer. I asked God to open up more people's hearts to adopting and especially from Rwanda. God did that! I asked God that he might look after all the orphans in Rwanda. He's doing that! Now here's the paradox...God does not always answer prayer exactly the way WE would like Him too. Here's what I mean by that: There are so many families that are wanting to adopt from Rwanda that there are over 100 dossiers waiting to be approved in the MIGERPF office. Rwanda is in the process of becoming a Hague Convention country which means that they have to adhere to all the International rules of adoption to make it harder to exploit children. These are both great things! This also means because of the high number of dossiers and the certification Rwanda is shutting down their adoption processes to any new dossiers as of August 31st.

I know that God has big plans for our family, He has been revealing that to me lately. I don't know if that has anything to do with the adoption or not. Anyway, I also know that God has promised us a little girl in Rwanda. Reading my bible and paying close attention to stories of couples waiting for the children God promised them has really been helping. Today after the news about Rwanda I opened my bible to Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. It's a short verse that I can use as my mantra during these difficult times. I am disappointed but am still faithful to trusting and obeying God. God's plan is so much greater than I can ever fathom.