We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Monday, September 27, 2010

glimmer

Today was the first day that held a glimmer of hope in months. I was getting together some more of our paperwork and got several things accomplished. It all started with getting Dustin's third employment letter in the mail. The first one we got had his salary on it which does not match our financial statment because it doesn't show his commissions. The second had no amount of money on it which is why we had to get another. So the third came today with the correct information on it and hopefully will be approved by our agency. The unfortunate detail is that Dustin's headquarters are in Atlanta, GA so it was notarized there. Georgia happens to be one of those lovely states that you have to have it certified in the county before it can go to the Secretary of State and get authenticated. I just learned that tonight as I was trying to find the address to mail it to, bummer :( I also have to get my employment letter redone because mine does not have my income on it as well so I contacted the home party business I am self-employed through and they gave me a very quick and detailed letter that I emailed to AWAA and will hopefully pass. Now of course that headquarters is in Idaho so we will also need to send it to that Secretary of State to be authenticated. When you live in Iowa having to send things out of state is certainly not my fave. It just means more time that it will take to get done.

Have you seen the glimmer of hope yet? It's coming...I promise. I also picked up our post placement agreement and proof of life insurance today. Dustin and I will be getting our passport photos taken this week and then the only things we'll be waiting on are our homestudy and I-171H to get updated. That's it! We are so very close to being done with paperchasing. I am really really really hoping that we will FINALLY be able to send our dossier into AWAA in October. That will truely be a miracle. Did you see that? That was my glimmer of hope. I emailed our agency a ton of different documents to approve so I might actually get to go to Des Moines this week and get everything authenticated. That would be AWESOME! This is probably the most productivity I've seen in our paperchase for a couple of months and the first time I've let myself get a little excited about our adoption in a few weeks. Please pray that this glimmer will grow and that God will work His miracles to make the rest of the paperwork go quickly and smoothly. I am finally ready to hope again. I even let myself look at little girl things again. For the last few weeks I wouldn't let myself even think about it because I was so far lost on the hope of ever getting her. I am ready to give God His glory and let Him be the ruler and creator. God has our little girl wrapped in His arms and will give her to us just at the perfect time.

Ok so if at the end of the week you see another post that is the exact opposite of this one...don't be surprised. I seem to have a doomsday twin that likes to take hold of me and make me think that the world is crashing down around me. I'm trying to hold her off but she often times rears her ugly head. For now I will keep my glimmer :)

4 comments:

Kelli said...

That is awesome....!!!! I'm so excited for you.

October... wow.

Hold on... She is getting closer!!!!

Dustin & Megan said...

ok so the ugly twin has already risen it's negative head. why do i look at other people's blogs!?! someone on the same timeline as us just sent in their dossier today. good for them! not for me :(

Hayley said...

We have friends that adopted a little boy from Ethiopia.....I long to adopt one day, but am so afraid of the paper trails, and finances involved....that's what holds me back. Best wishes to you! Hoping everything falls into place soon! Thanks for stopping by my blog....I am now a follower of yours!

Nate & Pam Maxwell said...

First, thank you for stopping by my wife and I's blog. We are always excited to meet more people who are going to be adopting from Ethiopia.

If I can be of any encouragement at all. God's discipline is not just for correction. Sometimes He knows where we are week and in His soveriengty He allows things to happen that strengthen us. One weakness that WE have had has been patience and so we are daily giving the timing over to God. He really will allow you to bring her home in His time. God loves us and wants whats best for us, not just what we want. :o)
We'll be praying for you and we hope things continue to go well.