We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

God does not fit in a box

Dustin heard a sermon on the radio yesterday about how the devil is constantly attacking us. It spurred a conversation between us about how so many Christians never talk about the devil or evil spirits, only the warm fuzzy Christian stuff. I personally think it's because many Christians believe in God, but don't necessarily believe in the devil. Anyway, Dustin brought up a very good point about how God has a big plan for each one of us and the devil likes to trip us up with the details. God's plan for us is to adopt. The details of what country, when it will happen, who it will be and so on are all vehicles that the devil uses to try and break our spirit away from God and question His authority or our faith in Him. I have been trying to overanalyze all these little things that happen with the adoption and figure out the reason and the meaning behind all of them. I am essentially trying to figure out the God of the universe who breathed life into me and put Him into a box. Our God does not fit into a box. When Dustin told me the devil is in the details a great weight was lifted from me. I believe God is who He says He is and I believe I am who God says I am, He told us to adopt. Period.

On another note; We formally sent an email to our family coordinator at AWAA saying we withdrawl from the Rwanda program. We also had to send another applicaton to be accepted into the Ethiopian program, wierd but whatever. In the meantime she sent us the Ethiopia dossier guidelines and hopefully much of the paperwork will transfer over. We (and be we I mean mostly me) will start getting together the new paperwork so that when she tells us we have been accepted into the new program that most of it is already done. My heart is feeling much more at ease about this whole process now. I am not so antsy to get it all done as fast as possible because I know there are ALWAYS delays.

Thank you to my husband for helping to calm my heart and thank you to him for working so hard for our family and continuing to put away money for this adoption. XOXO

4 comments:

Mel said...

Honey! I have SEEN the devil at work in our process too!! Guess what though? He is NOT GOING TO WIN!!! God is MUCH BIGGER than he is, and He will prevail. He will bring our babies home to us!! I'm claiming that from now until it happens. Praying for guidence and strength for you and your family. And also praying for your precious little girl, wherever she might be.

Anonymous said...

I don't like to talk about the devil because he scares the %*!! out of me. Your strength as an individual as well as a family can only be a gift from God. Keep the faith my friend. Melissa

Dustin & Megan said...

that is another very good reason to not talk about the devil, he is scary!

Susan said...

My husband and I have been talking about this very thing too. We have felt hit hard this past week. We are trying to radically change our lives and to live for Our Father first and not to be selfish Christians, as we have been until now, and we have had an awful week. However, through my memorization of the book of James I am learning to count it ALL joy when I go through trials of various kinds:)
We too felt the pain of a closed Rwanda program and learning to let our hearts let go of the son we thought was there, but as we have started to gather our Ethiopia paperwork, we are overjoyed at the son we now have in Ethiopia and that he will be home sooner than we ever thought possible in Rwanda. We know we will adopt again...who knows maybe we will still get to go to Rwanda!
Welcome to the Ethiopia program!!!! Maybe we will get to be travel buddies!