We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

little signs

I asked God to send me some signs to let me know that we are headed the right direction. He sent me a couple little ones, or at least I'm hoping that's how they should be interrupted. We got our approval email yesterday that we have officially been accepted into the AWAA Ethiopia program (the day after I prayed, I mean really prayed). We have some papers to send back to them before we officially get started again. I haven't heard back about our homestudy so hopefully I will hear back from her soon so we can meet next week and she can get it re-written. We still need to get our passport pictures, proof of life insurance, employment letters re-done, 3 letters of reference and get all the agreements signed and notarized. I would like to say that most of that can get done next week. The only things we'll be waiting on are our homestudy, I-171H and agreements that need to come back from our agency. Please say a prayer that our dossier will be ready to send to AWAA in October. Pray really hard, pray confidently. I am finally ready to hope again.

My new friend Mel was doing a great fundraiser online for homemade glass pendants. I ordered two and got them just the other day. They are both awesome and I will be wearing one of them ALL the time. The other I got for a gift, not sure who yet but Christmas is coming up. If you want to check them out another blogger is doing a fundraiser with them on September 27th to help bring their little boy home from Ethiopia the website is http://www.etsy.com/shop/sarahstreasurebox I also got my t-shirt from www.intothestreetsofethiopia.blogspot.com/. I absolutely love it! You should def check it out and check out the $6 for 1 challenge they're doing, it's such a great cause.

God answers my prayers not with big billboards (although that would be great) but with tiny moments and "coincidences". Every sermon and bible study seems to be God telling me something that I need to work on in this process, something I've been struggling with. Someday soon I will be jumping up and down and so filled with God's joy that everyone will see.

0 comments: