We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Friday, October 1, 2010

actually encourage

Yesterday we got our new family coordinator assigned to us, Christine. This is our third family coordinator since we have started our process with AWAA. I joked that they were taking so long to assign us a fc because they were drawing straws to see who got stuck with our family. I send a lot of emails with lots of questions and lots of attachments. I still have not received notice if ALL of the documents I sent them earlier this week have been approved or not. Hopefully next week we will though. Today we got the rest of our documents notarized and our passport photos done. I have made three copies of everything and they are all put in order ready to go. Once this homestudy update comes in we will be ready to send in our dossier. From what I have read we can go ahead and send in our dossier while we are waiting for our updated I-171H. That means we can be DTE (dossier to Ethiopia) sooner. I should be making a trip up to Des Moines next week to get our things authenticated, woo hoo!

I am feeling very encouraged this week. It feels like real progress is being made. Today I prayed confidently that my God will work miracles so that we will be DTE this month. I am praying with hope. It is so wonderful to have this feeling again. My heart has really been changing over the past couple of weeks. In fact, the song by Fireflight "For those who wait" has really spoken to me in this grieving process. God used the tone of the song, the music and the words to help me during that time. I have heard the song a few times in the last week or so and every time it came on I would just about to turn the car off or just got in the car when it was ending or the radio would get static. God was telling me that season of grieving is over and to move on with a happy heart, an encouraged hopeful heart. While I still appreciate the song and still appreciate the meaning it may not "describe" me right now. In a couple months when we are experiencing more peaks and valleys it may speak to me again:)

We are looking forward to having our last meeting with our social worker next week. Dustin is not looking forward to writing a "big" check when we send in our dossier this month and cleaning out our savings account. It will all be worth it though. The treasures we hoard on this earth are nothing compared to the treasures that we will hold in the future. Pray that things will come together and God will provide for the rest of the money. We will need more money to accept the referral and then even more to travel twice to Ethiopia. Even the vaccinations before we go can cost around $800. There are many small expenses that will be adding up along the way. God will provide for us.

Again, pray that God will work miracles with our paperwork and that we will be DTE in October. Pray that God will provide financially for the rest of the adoption because after the dossier is submitted we will be starting from scratch. Pray that we continue to grow in our faith and understanding for God's plan. Pray that we will get outside of our comfortable box and change the world.

4 comments:

jkseevers said...

Yeah! Super excited stuff!! God is so good to bring beauty from ashes, isn't He?

I'll be praying for you this week, with all of the details. Please be praying that our biometrics appt. comes quickly:)

Blessings!
Katie

jkseevers said...

opps. I meant to say, "super EXCITING stuff" oh well. I'm sure you got the gist of it:)

Kelli said...

Amazing. So excited for you. Movin' on up!!!!

My heart has been changing too. Healing... this weekend has been amazing.

God's got the money thing. No worries! He has very deep pockets. I can't wait to see how He works it out.

Debb said...

Isn't it amazing how God guides us directly to the EXACT child/ren whom He has planned on blessing us with from the beginning?!? Hhmmmm.....maybe these changes are your little roadblocks to slow you down a bit so that He can match you with that PERFECT little daughter!

And now it seems He is giving you the big green light! Here's to being DTE SOON! May He continue to guide you re: FUNdraising....it is an incredible way to let Him show up BIG and be given all the glory! :o) Blessings ~