We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

God answers prayer

In just the last week or so I have finally been able to let go of some of my anger, frustration and grief through this adoption process. I have found actual hope and joy again so that I can pray confidently to God. Well it just makes such a difference. I have prayed for several families charging the Lord to answer these prayers and little by little they are being answered. Some may say they are insignificant and some may say they are a coincidence, but I know that my God answered my prayers. I am still praying for some very specific things for our family and know that God will continue to answer my prayers as long as I continue to pray with trust and confidence. That being said any additional prayers would be wonderful. Please pray that we will be DTE this month. That means that our dossier will get sent to our agency, be approved and be sent to Ethiopia. Also pray that we will get a referral ridiculously fast. We have enough money to submit our dossier but we do not have enough money to accept a referral or to travel so we will be relying on God's great plan to get us through. If we get on the waiting child list and get a referral very quickly then we will definitely be needing God to provide for us, but this is what I am praying for. Having to swallow our pride and let God be God may be what we need. So to all the prayer warriors out there please pray these very specific prayers for our family.

Recently we have also tossed around the idea of staying through the waiting period instead of coming home and then going back for a second trip to Ethiopia. There are a few other people who have done this and are doing this. It's hard to imagine going to Ethiopia to finally meet our little girl that we have been hoping and praying for and then leaving her there for several weeks. We still haven't made any decisions about this and are continuing to pray about it as well as gather information. Depending on all the details it may not be any more expensive than 2 trips, we'll see.

Anyway, this post was mostly just to give praise to God and tell everyone that He answers prayer. There's no need for the rocks to cry out because we're crying out his name.

3 comments:

Mel said...

So happy for you Megan!!!

Jen said...

I'm encouraged by what God is doing, Megan. I will be praying!

Jon y Amy said...

Megan, This is Amy G from Treasures in Jars of Clay. www.jonandamyg.blogspot.com

Great to hear from you! I love connecting with adoptive families through the blog world! Yay for your family!

Did the second blogpost give you some ideas for your event? If you would like to talk over specifics, you can e-mail me at amy@loving-shepherd.org.

I am actually the rep for IN. :)

Blessings,
Amy