We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

praising God for the gift of waiting

Did I really just say that?  In my emotional ups and downs and all arounds during this journey I am finally starting to get to the place where I can say that waiting is actually a blessing.  Last Sunday we studied 2 Corinthians 12 about Paul boasting about God's good works and the devil ailing him with a thorn in his side.  Having that thorn in his side made him trust God more and bring him closer to God.  I am equating waiting and my impatience as the thorn in my side (or possibly USCIS could be the thorn too, lol) and they are bringing me closer to my heavenly father.  I am having to rely on Him more and learn what true joy in waiting is all about.  Satan is trying to drive a wedge between us and I rebuke him.  He will not stand in the way of me worshiping my God and building my personal relationship with Him.  Now the next time I am whining or crying about waiting, you absolutely have the right to remind me of this post and throw it back in my face :)

I would like to lift up some praise to God for answered prayers.  There are many families with our agency that have received referrals, court dates and embassy appointments within the last month.  It is awesome to see so much movement.  There have also been several new families who are DTE this month and have gotten onto the "unofficial" waiting list.  We are hoping to join that elite group very soon.  I don't know when, but I will wait joyfully for that time to come.  There are a couple of other families that are in the exact same waiting phase as we are right now.  It'd be pretty cool if we were all DTE around the same time.  God has all the details worked out, we just have to wait for his perfect timing to be revealed.

Another answered prayer is Dustin has been having great success at work.  He is such a good man to work so hard for our family; driving, travelling, selling.  Sales have been falling into his lap recently so he will be getting some bonuses that will really help out with our adoption expenses.  We have been praying about these expenses because we don't have it all saved yet.  The next few checks written will be quite large.  We have enough to send in our dossier but that's it.  With Dustin's bonuses we should have enough to accept a referral before Christmas (not that we will get one by then), but we will at least have the money there for when that time comes.  That means we will have the next several months to save the money for travel.  We are really hoping to not have to take out any loans or anything for this adoption.  We may have to rely on some donations or other things to help us along the way, but I know that God is providing for us so we should not worry.  God is so good to us.  We accept and appreciate all of the blessings He has poured over us.

Thank you God for revealing new things to me that bring me closer to you.  Thank you for your many blessings on our family.  May we be blessings to those around us in your name.  I pray for all the families who are waiting, waiting for paperwork, waiting for referrals, waiting for court dates, waiting for embassy clearances.  Please give them peace about it, calm their hearts, lift them up.  I pray for all the nannies, doctors, embassy workers, case workers, lawyers, judges, agency staff and all the others that make these adoptions possible.  Watch over them and the important work they do.  Thank you Lord, all these things I ask in Your name, I give them up to you, I surrender to you.  Amen.

1 comments:

Jen said...

I love how God is working in your lives!