We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Friday, November 5, 2010

DTE

Okay so we finally got our piece of paperwork back, we finally got to send in our dossier (remember that is the important packet of papers for our adoption that I would jump in front of a bus for) and now we are finally DTEDossier To Ethiopia which means we are finally "expecting".  We are officially waiting for a referral that can take between 3-6 months.  Most of the referrals are about 5 or 6 months but there are a few cases where they get a referral sooner than that.  I would love to have one by my birthday in March, but am completely okay with it if we don't get it our referral till later.  Once we get our referral we will wait another 1-3 months for a court date where we will go over to Ethiopia and meet our daughter for the first time.  Hopefully we pass court the first time around and then we come home (or not) and wait for the embassy date which is usually 3-12 weeks later.  Once the embassy has researched to make sure that everything is legal with the adoption and there is no bribing, trafficking or anything else like that then we will FINALLY get to bring her home.  So, like I said earlier we are "expecting" if all goes well it should end up being the same amount of time as a regular pregnancy.

It feels so good to finally be at this point in our adoption when it actually feels "real".  The past 8 months of paperwork have something to show for now.  We are steps closer to our little girl.  I feel hope for the future, I feel like I can dream about her again.  This weight is lifted and now we start the next phase of waiting.  We will have to see if this waiting is easier or harder than the last waiting period.  I think it will be easier but I have heard that it is much harder.  If you see me in the next few months with tears streaming down my face or my head spinning off from anger, you'll know that this wait is harder :)

Sorry if this post is a little redundant, sometimes when I am so excited my thoughts don't organize well.  Who am I kidding, they don't most of the time anyway, lol.

5 comments:

Jodes and Boz said...

So excited for you!! Have fun stalking your FedEx Tracking Number!! That's what I'm doing!

Kelli said...

That's awesome...! Very excited for you.

3-6 months- that's quick. Our agency added months to our wait-time recently.

Mark and Wendy said...

Exciting times!

Stephanie said...

CONGRATS MEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mel said...

YAY!!!! So happy for you Megan!!!