We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

new numbers

You would think as obsessive as I am I would remember to look up our new waiting list numbers and put them on my post about being DTE one month, duh!  Well anyway, here are our new numbers.  So excited :)

Infant Girl


Girl over 12 months


Girl over 3 years

Of course these numbers are "unofficial" and one of them is because someone who was on our yahoo group's database we think is actually with a different agency, so that tells you how inaccurate this is.  That is not to discredit the amazing ladies who put this and our NAG list together because it is a lot to keep track of.  Great job girls!  I was of course doing some speculating because there are a ton of people who have court dates coming up this month and next not to mention lots of families who have received referrals and our still waiting for their court date.  Getting caught up from the two month rainy season takes a while but I think by the end of January the Ethiopian courts will be doing pretty well.  There are also quite a few families "on deck" right now that could get the call any day up to another month or two.  Five families on deck waiting for a girl over 12 months, 10 waiting on an infant girl and none for a child over 3, but who's counting :)  That means more referrals, yay!  I know I'm completely selfish in that because it affects SO many more people, but my sinful nature just can't help it.  Dustin was asking me what this means for our timeline.  How long should we anticipate?  He just wanted a simple answer and of course I went into "adoption mode" and gave him my whole theory breakdown.  His response, "so....still 5 months or so?"  Yes.

Continue to pray for all those that have their embassy appointments this week that they all go smoothly and will be able to bring home their children.  Pray for all those who have court dates this month that all the paperwork from all the right agencies will be present.  Thank God for resolving the Shiloh certification so that there is a better chance of passing court this first time around.  Pray for this fundraiser on Saturday that it might be a huge success.  God will provide the perfect amount for the Maxwell family, I know that He will.  Thank you! 




3 comments:

Nate and Pam said...

You are such an incredible lady, Megan!!! Thank you for your desire and willingness to help my husband and I with our adoption expenses by doing this fundraiser for us. I have been praying for you, specifically, this week and will continue to do so!!!! ~Pam~

Deborah said...

Hi! I am Pam's sister & I just want to let you know what a beautiful gift of encouragement I know you have been to her. Thank you! I can't wait to see these beautiful children (my nephews/nieces and yours) come home to their forever families. God bless you and your family!

Debb said...

How exciting! These numbers are exciting! :)