We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

One Month DTE

Ok so one month down and who knows how many left to go.  The first month wasn't too bad so i am looking forward to the next few.  I keep thinking there is so much spiritual maturity and growing that I need to do between now and then.  There are also lots of things I need to work on with my kids and just my parenting in general.  God is using this time wisely, I need to make sure I am too :) 

Dustin and I were talking about adopting multiple children again the other day when he struck me with something that made sense.  Darn it!  I hate it when he makes sense and then drags me into it as well.  Sometimes I just want to stay in my cloud of emotion and not see what actually "makes sense".  So anyway, Dustin was reminding me of how multiplication works when you let God do the math.  A couple we recently met mentioned forming some type of foundation to help local families afford adoption through no interest loans.  If we helped donate and form this foundation and for instance helped even 5 families adopt a year and they all adopted 1 or more children and we continued that even for the next 10 years we could help up to 100 children find forever families.  If even a quarter of those families helped other families adopt then the growth continues.  So in reality, us not adopting more children but helping other families would in deed help many more children find families.  Man it stinks when my husband is right, lol.

Speaking of helping other families adopt...if you happen to live in the area please stop by Great River Christian School this Saturday the 11th from 9-12am.  Missional Mamas is having another open house to sell bags made in Swaiziland, paper bead necklaces from Uganda to support orphan care as well as handmade cards, Gobena coffee and more.  I will also be there raising funds for adopting.  Please come by and help support us!

Now that my shameless plug is done I just want to say Happy OneMonthIversary to all my fellow DTE families!  With so many court dates and embassy dates coming up there will be movement soon.  I hear that after the first of the year the courts start to get caught up from the rainy season.  I know all of us look forward to seeing movement and are genuinely happy for all those who are finally bringing their children home or getting referrals.  Personally I am selfish and I know that it gets us that much closer, many of you are the same too ;)

Pray for all those court dates and embassy dates coming up.  Also pray for all those children waiting.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Happy ONE month anniversary!! You made it this far! Hang in there the best is yet to come!! I got all excited about your fundraiser, and then realized I'll be at a stupid class that morning! :( If it gets done early, I'll try to stop by, maybe even bring my little former orphan boy! hehe Praying for you!!

jkseevers said...

Yeah, Megan! Happy 1 month DTE. Here's to a short DTE wait for both of us... Soo excited to ring in the NEW YEAR.. because of what it will bring!

Happy Sunday,
Katie