We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Monday, December 20, 2010

the "rules"

We are certainly far down on the waiting list but this post from an adoptive mother seems pertinent to how I feel right now.  Read this post for a list of the "rules" about waiting mommas.  It will explain so much about me and my often times weird emotional swings (sorry Dustin).  It will also be even worse when we do get close and are "on deck", lol.

Last week while I was at church another adoptive mom asked me how things were going and if there was any news or movement.  Of course my answer tends to always be about the same, "no it will probably be 5 or 6 months, hopefully sometime next year."  She then asked if I was tired of hearing that.  As I thought about it sometimes I do get a little tired of answering that question but at the same time I welcome the question because one day I will be able to answer with new information.  So if you see me you can continue to ask me how things are going with the adoption.  When we see some movement I will be so excited to answer your question :)

3 comments:

jkseevers said...

I'm right there with you, Megan. Praying for some major movement soon! Trusting in God for His perfect timing...
Sometimes I find myself only being able to, as I breathe, breathe IN "Praise you, Jesus", then breathe OUT, "Thank you, Jesus"
Have a blessed day!
K

Kelli said...

One day...... they wont even have to ask- they will see it on your face.

Jodes and Boz said...

So glad to know I'm not alone!