We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

today's just one of those days

You know how some days are just rougher than other?  Well today is one of those days...a rough adoption day for me.  Through this entire process I have remained loyal to my weepiness, obsessiveness and irrationality.  Today is no different.  Someone on the yahoo group posted an article talking about Ethiopian adoptions and how the government is cracking down on many orphanages, agencies and adopting groups to weed out any abuse going on in adoptions.  I have every ounce of faith that our agency works ethically and is doing everything they can to make sure that all the children are treated well and are truly orphans.  This is a good thing that they are scrutinizing unethical orphanages and making sure everything is correct.  I think though after Rwanda my heart skips a beat.  Some of the what ifs start to creep up.  What if they decide to shut down Ethiopia like they have done with many other countries?  What if we have to wait much longer than we thought?  What if we weren't supposed to adopt?  What if this is part of God's plan and I don't understand what He wants us to do?  What if...?  So today all I can do is to count on God being my sovereign God.  That His will and His perfect timing are all I need and to trust no matter what happens I will still love and trust Him.

The conferece call from AWAA posted today as well so I listened to that after I read that article.  There was definitely some good information in the call, but it still remains that really they can't tell us much because there are so many variables that are out of their control.  I'm still hopeful that we could get a referral this spring but also have to plan for not getting one until much later.  After the conference call I checked my blog roll and had to read the latest on the Ordinary Hero blog because they are in Ethiopia right now.  There is touching little story on there about a sibling group asking about their family in America.  Of course it made me bawl.  What doesn't these days?  If you have time check out their blog.  They have some great pictures and posts about their time while they are there.

As for me I will continue to go about my day doing laundry, cleaning and running some errands.  I will not let satan take over me with worry and doubt.  Thank you to the rest of the yahoo group for reminding me to stay grounded.  Media sets its own tone and we all know that it is to make money, not to tell the whole truth.  Hope you're having a blessed day and you're sharing that with others around you :)

5 comments:

Mel said...

Hang in there Megan! It's the hardest journey that you will endure, but I promise you that it is so worth it!! Doing God's will, living the way He commands, and waiting on Him are all tough in an ordinary day, but when you add a specific situation to all of that that you need to include within, it gets very hard. He hears our cries, and He knows the outcome. I don't comment often but I pray for you everyday and look forward to your special announcement when you are on your way to bringing your sweet girl home!

Jodes and Boz said...

What a great post. I was working on a post of my own earlier, and it mirrors a lot of your thoughts and feelings. Know that you are in my prayers, and (Lord willing) before we know it, we'll be hanging out in Ethiopia (together!?) with our little ones.

jkseevers said...

ditto. feeling the same things you're feeling. Praying and hoping for some movement to happen yet this month. But knowing ultimately that I need to put my trust in Jesus, not in an agency or country etc. He will bring this all to pass, in His perfect timing, not ours. Trying to remain faithful to Him through it all.
Thinking of you today, and praying that The Lord brings hope to all of our hearts.

K

Susan said...

Praying for you and for your heart. God will bring you to exactly the baby He has had for you since the beginning. Praying that it is very, very soon.

Kelli said...

I understand girl... I had a homestudy meeting today- and she voiced her concerns about articles in the news about Ethiopia (knowing our past with Rwanda). My heart skipped a beat also. I'll be praying for you friend.