We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2 months down

Today it has officially been 2 months since we have been on the waiting list.  Quite honestly I can say that these two months have actually gone by pretty quickly.  Not to say that there weren't still tears and heartache, but still quickly.  I got an email from our social worker who said there is another couple in our city that are thinking of adopting from Ethiopia.  They already have a specific child in mind but are trying to find the right agency, etc.  Anyway, I'm so excited to talk with this couple and find out more about their journey.  She gave me their phone number and I looked him up on facebook so hopefully we will get connected soon.  How awesome to have another family so close to go through the process with, love it!

Yesterday Dustin and I had lunch with a couple we met a few months ago that adopted from Rwanda.  We love to talk with them because they have such wonderful insight into travelling and the whole third world adoption process.  They also have lots of connections with people and organizations who travel to Ethiopia for mission work and such.  It's such a blessing to us that they are so open and willing to share all that they know.

Well since there's really no other news this is going to be a short post (for me,lol).  So I will leave you with our updated numbers.  Pray for some serious movement this month in referrals, courts and embassies.


Infant Girl





Girl over 12 Months




Girl over 3 years


3 comments:

Kelli said...

Wow! Awesome to see your numbers.!

fegingerich said...

Congrats on your numbers! I stumbled upon your blog from another family who is adopting from Ethiopia with AWAA. My husband and I are waiting for our final homestudy draft to be written up and then we'll be able to send in our I600a. I also saw that you are from Iowa. My husband is from Iowa City (we live in Ohio now) but I just love little connections to people! :)
Anyway, congrats on your journey!
*Faith

Tara and Eric said...

I can imagine that waiting is the hardest part! I try to imagine in my head what our little girl might look like. My prayers are with you as you wait!

Tara