We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The rooster crowed three times

Through this adoption process I have really counted on prayer, especially recently. This morning was no different. I woke up giving thanksgiving and praise to my Heavenly Father then began asking blessing and guidance over many things. I was instantly convicted. Last night at my husband's award ceremony for work we were talking with a VP and I intentionally changed the wording I was about to say. In my mind I was thinking, "God has really blessed us" but the words that came out were, "we have been so fortunate". How can I ask my God to bless all these things when I deny His name? I have always connected with Peter in the bible; he's over eager, quick to jump on board and falters easily. So this morning I had to ask forgiveness. For my God is to be praised in my heart, soul and my mouth.

1 comments:

jkseevers said...

Oh Megan. I've been there... We are all learning soo many things on this journey, aren't we? Just know that it pleases the Father that you were bothered by the fact that you didn't mention Him, and that it IS indeed changing you! Also, don't forget we are clay in the Potter's hands... He's constantly molding and shaping us. It doesn't happen overnight. God is soo good to us, isn't He?

Hugs!!
K