We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Friday, February 25, 2011

oh my boys

I was telling my friend about our boys and how much they LOVE my egg rolls.  She reminded me to write this down somewhere so that we wouldn't forget about it.  Dominic is the oldest and he has been so excited to sell egg rolls to all he has contact with.  He's done a pretty good job and probably sold at least 6 or 7 dozen.  He has also gathered up all of his money and wants to buy a dozen for himself, it's so cute.  Now I know that he wants to help contribute toward the adoption and toward this fundraiser, but I think he also just really wants some egg rolls of his own because he knows that I won't be making them for quite a while after this.  In fact, it's been at least 1 1/2 - 2 years since the last time I made them and that was just a regular batch of them.  Now Christian who is five also wants to save his money and buy egg rolls.  He could only find $6 so Dominic prorated them and told Christian how many he could buy with that (Dominic is our mathlete).  Somehow Christian has dug up some more money and was 50 cents short so Dominic had an extra 50 cents and gave it to him so he could buy his own dozen.  These boys are so darn sweet :)  I also have to brag on them not related to this.  When Dustin and I came home from bible study late, the boys were already in bed fast asleep without anyone else being home to tell them too.  They are such good boys.

Today I am finishing up re-decorating the office.  I painted one wall orange, put up some cork board squares and put together a new bookcase.  There is a little cubby in the office I originally was going to put some built in shelving, but then found a great deal on a tall 5 shelf bookcase that fits perfectly in the space for only $25.  It was also super easy to put together and looks great.  The shelves are arranged and now I just have to file ALL the paperwork and clean up.  Thinking there are a couple little finishing touches I need to do around the room, but the big stuff is done.  Whew!  Did I mention I re-decorated the office because I'm pretty sure I'm nesting?  I also repainted a vanity and put new knobs on it for our little girl's room and ironed new curtains and hung them.  We're not quite ready to move all the kids' rooms around but I'm getting antsy so needed some project to work on.  It was also nice because none of this is costing us any money since I had some money to spend at Menards anyway.  If I was being really productive I would go reorganize the shelving downstairs and make way for Dominic's closet, maybe later this weekend when I'm feeling restless.  For now I've got to get this office cleaned up and get to the rest of my checklist.  I will post pics of the office when I am completely done :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yes, you are totally nesting. :) And I can totally relate! I can't wait to see the finished office. Where did you get a 5-shelf bookcase for $25? I am looking for one!

jkseevers said...

pictures, please!!! I LOVE orange. We have a bathroom painted orange and it looks amazing, if I do say so myself;)

We are also nesting, and we haven't even gotten our referral yet! I can't imagine how much more that will settle in once we see a picture of our sweet baby's face:)

Soo excited for you!
K