We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

HAPPY Anniversary!

Today marks the one year anniversary when we first started this crazy adoption adventure.  Exactly one year ago today America World called us and said, "Congratulations you've been accepted into the Rwanda program."  Needless to say our journey has taken many different directions, including a different country, but God has provided for us the entire way.  Well today is a very exciting day! 

Be prepared for many many !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We received our court date today!  Yesterday I got completely pysched out by a phone call from our agency approving a fundraiser that we are doing with Ordinary Hero to make sure that it was okay they share our information with them.  That was all they wanted :(  Well today as I was heading out the door to pick the kids up from school the infamous (703) area code popped up on my phone again.  I just knew this had to be it.  We have a court date of April 6th!  We will leave either the 1st or 2nd to head to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and then we will FINALLY get to meet our daughter.  I am over the moon excited!  We have exactly one month to plan our trip, pack and collect donations.  Just this morning while I was at the store I picked up a big box of wipes that were on sale to take with us plus several boxes of granola bars.  I will probably head back for some more granola bars because they were such a good deal.  Well I feel better having a date now and not living in the land of limbo.  Looks like God put all this "nesting" in me for a reason :)

Today is a day where I cannot say "THANK YOU, GOD!" enough.  I kept saying it over and over and over again as I was picking up the kids.  Not as exciting but still definitely a God thing; Scentsy had a glitch yesterday in the computer system so they are letting us put in orders today to count for February.  I just saw this morning how I had missed my minimum to get paid on my downline and missed on a lot of commission.  Well now I can order enough to make my commission and get paid much more, Hallelujah!  God is really looking out for me today.  I kept saying to myself that this was going to be a good week for all the waiting families in our yahoo group and that it was going to be a good week for us.  Boy was I right.  Way to go God!

Okay I promise to be done with the exclamation marks now :)  Still rejoicing though.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

So excited for you...

Brad and Tara said...

Yaaaaay!!!!! I knew you would be going to Ethiopia soon!!! Looking forward to seeing you SOON!!! You will be there in ONE month!!!!!! I hope the internet is cooperating so I can email you your pictures before you leave to come meet her. AHHHHHH!!!! SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

Samantha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Davidsons said...

Hooray!! Congratulations on your court date!! Happy packing :)

Stephanie said...

Megan,

Let me know about your OH fundraiser. We would like to buy some shirts :). Email the info to me if you could.

lindyhopkins@yahoo.com.