We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Ordinary Hero

We are so excited to be partnering with Ordinary Hero for a t-shirt fundraiser.  They are having a special to kick off the adoption fundraising promotion with a great little contest.  Now for those of you who know me, know that I am a little competitive.  It's not that I have to win at everything but competition gets my blood pumping and gets me motivated :)  Anyway, the first one to raise $300 will get a matching grant from Ordinary Hero to go towards their adoption expenses.  That would be so awesome to get that money to help towards our upcoming travel expenses.  With that said, please click on the picture to the right and check out the awesome men's, women's and kid's shirts!

Quick update on the egg rolls:  We got way more done today than I had ever anticipated.  We also ran out of supplies :(  I think our eggrolls were too fat and took too much stuffing so looks like I will be headed back to the store to get some more supplies.  It may turn into a blessing though so we will just have to wait and see.  I had the help of some amazing women today that really worked long and hard for me and I wouldn't have been able to do it without their help.  Tomorrow is E-day (egg roll day, lol) when we have to get the rest of them done and pickup starts at 4pm.  I am confident though, God has provided and I know that He will continue to.  I took a few pics today but of course not when everyone was there and we were elbows deep in egg roll mix.  I will post tomorrow.

Wednesday morning at Missional Mamas we had the pleasure of a speaker come and talk to us.  She did this wonderful devotion with us about putting God in a box and how we as humans will never release Him from a box but that box can at least get bigger and bigger.  It was a great reminder because I know that there are often times I struggle with that and don't even realize it.  In fact, I had a post about that very thing just a few months back.  Anyway, I didn't realize that I had God in this little box about the egg rolls.  I had a conversation with God about how many egg rolls I would like to sell.  The conversation went a little something like this, "God I would really like to sell at least 50 dozen, but it would be even better if I could beat how many Missional Mamas sold (we sold 70 dozen cookies to go towards Project Rescue).  That would be really cool to sell 100 dozen, but that might be more than I can handle, but that would be REALLY cool."  Well we sold 107 dozen and I had more people calling today to see if they could still order.  WOW GOD!  Now here's the part where I put Him in a box...AGAIN.  God gave me exactly what I asked for and I never expected it.  Who am I to think that God of the universe will not provide for one of His children.  I didn't have enough confindence that He would provide 100 dozen to go towards our travel expenses.  Not only did God provide the orders, He also provided the helpers.  The lesson here is:  Don't ask God for anything unless you're ready for Him to provide it to you, He will!

0 comments: