We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

a hard day

No we still have not passed court yet.  Last week we got an email saying that the judge was going to look at our case next Tuesday.  That's pretty much all it said, it did not say whether or not the paperwork we were missing was there.  Well Tuesday has now come and gone and the judge has yet to look at our file again.  I have been mostly okay since we've left and have kept my hopes up and my realism on, but today it all came crashing down.  It was one of those days when I can't even explain where the tears were coming from just that they were coming on and off all day.  By the way when I say tears I actually mean fall out ugly cry!  I have been praying and praying and praying and could not hear what God was saying to me.  Through this journey God really has gotten me through tough moments and I usually have signs all around me telling me what to do, which is usually to let go and be patient.  This was not one of those days.  I kept waiting to hear it and I never did.  I went to bible study hoping that maybe I would come away knowing exactly how I should feel and...nothing.  All day I walked around in a funk just waiting for the answer.  I had not heard anything all morning and by noon I assumed that since I hadn't heard than there was probably nothing new to report.  I broke down and emailed the travel coordinator and got an email saying the judge didn't look at it, hopefully tomorrow.  Now "tomorrow" in Ethiopia or adoption terms actually just means "not today" it doesn't actually mean tomorrow.  So we wait.  I am praying for a miracle.  I know God can move mountains and I am praying for Him to move one for us.  I know He can!

On a good note we got some new pictures today.  When we were in Ethiopia we didn't have any pictures to leave our girl so I was very excited when a family going this last week said they would take some for us.  There were not too many families going at the end of April but God did a miracle for this family and gave them a court date before their son's birthday, AMAZING!  I sent some pictures to their local Walgreens and she was nice enough to put them in a little album for our little girl.  She said that she was so excited she hugged and kissed the pictures and said "mommy", "daddy".  That just made my heart melt.  Of course it also brought on a flood of tears.  Thank you God for giving me this gift on a day when I really needed it.  I keep reminding myself of ALL the blessings He has provided through this entire journey and try not to focus on the wait.  Today was just a really hard day.

I am so thankful for the other families we travelled with and all of their encouraging words as well.  I know that we have many people praying for us and it really does warm my heart.  Thank you to all of them.

Tomorrow is another day.  Even if we don't pass life will go on and we will continue to praise our King.

Romans 12:12  Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction and faithful in prayer.

0 comments: