We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Psych


Do you remember when everyone used to say "psych" or "psyched you out"?  Well that's what I felt like this week.  We had not heard anything on Tuesday about the judge looking at our case and when our agency said tomorrow I didn't actually think that meant tomorrow.  Anyway, we got a call from our agency on Wednesday morning that we passed court.  I was so happy and excited and called Dustin right away.  Of course I then posted it on our traveling group's facebook page because they feel like a natural extension of our friends and family right now.  In fact, two of the women on there even called me because they were so excited for us since we have been waiting about 3 weeks now.  It was so funny because one of them was telling me how she asked our agency "are you sure?" and they laughed at her and said yes.  We were so excited we could finally show her face and so I posted some on facebook and had many congratulations.  Then about 45 minutes later I get another call from our agency.  They made a mistake...we did not pass court.  I was completely devastated.  I called Dustin and I also called one of the girls who called me and told her that apparently I should have asked "are you sure?"  I began to take off all the pictures on fb because she is still not legally ours.  I couldn't even talk to anyone because I just kept crying.  Tuesday was a hard day but Wednesday was even harder!

I since then have found some peace in the whole thing.  Although I will say that I am not up to talking about the adoption right now because I can't hold back the tears and I really don't want to cry in public.  So please don't ask how the adoption is going, find something else to talk to me about or avoid me for now.  That may not sound like peace but it just makes me sad to think about and I think you can still have peace and be sad.  So we have a new court date of May 4th.  If the correct paperwork is there and the judge looks at it we will pass, if not then we continue to wait.  Please don't ask me next week if we have heard anything because trust me if we pass you will know it.  Thank you so much for understanding and respecting our wishes we sincerely appreciate it and we appreciate all of your prayers so much.  Keep praying for us.  Our little girl will be getting a care package from us hopefully very soon so continue to pray for her as she waits for us to come back and get her.  Mommy and Daddy are coming just as soon as we can :)

3 comments:

Mel said...

Still praying Megan!! If you need anything, let me know!! Even if it's just some mindless scrapbooking. hehe

Debb said...

WOW. Such a heartbreak! So SORRY to hear this happened! Although you may feel forgotten by God at this point, YOU ARE NOT! He holds you and your daughter in the palm of His hand. Praying you can cling to that promise! Anxiously awaiting to hear your GOOD NEWS!

Kelly said...

Megan--so sorry about that mix up! The emotional ups and downs in adoption are so hard to take. Keep clinging to your Achor. He will bring you through this!! I am glad that we connected so I can be on the "in" when you get the correct court passing phone call. :)