We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

and...still here :(

It has now been exactly one month since we were submitted to embassy with still no word about clearing.  After they received the police report and had the interview they also wanted something re-translated that was incorrect and Ashanke said she had some guardianship papers.  Turns out she was confused and does not have any but now because the embassy thought she had them, has to obtain them.  Now how much sense does it make to get guardianship papers for a child you are no longer caring for and according to the Ethiopian courts already has another family?  None.  Thank you American embassy for your continued perserverance to not make any sense, I wouldn't want our government to fall short on idiocracy.  Anyway, we just got an email from our agency that they were notified the embassy will not have any appointments until July 18th now.  So even if we clear this week it will take a miracle for us to get in earlier than that.  No need to pray for miracles because clearly that is not what God has planned for us right now in this journey.  We just continue to wait.

Know that my faith is still strong but I have accepted that God is letting us go through this pain for some reason.  I don't know if it is a test of faith, I don't know if it's character building, I don't know what it is.  I just know that it is hard and it sucks right now.  I'm not in a good place.  I'm crabby, I'm angry and I don't want to be here one more day.  I just want to go get our daughter.  period.

1 comments:

jkseevers said...

I want to be sensitive to the fact that no matter what I say, it won't help. Not to mention, I'm sure you're tired of words that are spoken with the best of intentions, yet fall short. That being said, please know that you and Dustin are on our hearts often. We are praying for you and with you during this season.

Hugs friend,

Katie