We are the Snyder family and ... we are different

This is the story of our journey to our daughter in Ethiopia. God is preparing our family for her and preparing her heart to come home to her family. We chose the difficult road of trusting and obeying God. It is worth every step!

Friday, June 10, 2011

still here

Well I said that unless something happened you wouldn't be hearing from me until we were home with our girl.  Of course not.  We ended up getting an email from the embassy saying they opened our case for investigation and they would need the original police report from 2006 when Wefe was found by Ashanke and they also wanted Ashanke to come to the embassy for an interview.  It's 7 hours from Wolayta to Addis Ababa so our agency had to contact the orphanage to contact her and find out when they could get her to Addis.  The embassy doesn't have any appointments open until June 16th.  We cancelled our tickets with a small penalty and are now waiting until we get clearance before booking again. 

The hardest part about this information is that we distinctly heard God telling us to take this leap of faith.  Why?  I went through many emotions and anger kept creeping into my heart.  God were we not being faithful enough?  Why would you tell us to do this and then not reward us for trusting You?  I was am hurt by this.  I just couldn't understand it.  A fellow adoptive mother posted on her blog "The reality of warfare when you say yes to following Jesus".  I have heard so many other families talk about the spiritual warfare they have experienced since starting the adoption process but for some reason never thought about it applying to us.  I don't really know why I just never felt like the things we were dealing with were so big that they were warfare...until now.  Of course!  Of course when we said that we would submit to God fully and trust Him completely and take a leap of faith, satan would attack.  This post was such a blessing to me and gave me such peace that it wasn't us not being faithful enough, about us not being good enough, it wasn't about any of that.  This along with other bible verses and fellow adoptive friends has encouraged me this week.  It pulled me from the pit of my despair.  That is not to say that I am not still very saddened by the fact that I had expected to be on a plane over Africa and holding our little girl in 8 hours, but at the very least I am managing.  We did get some more discouraging news today but will remain faithful to God.

I am tired of this journey.  I am weary, I am broken, I need prayer.  Please pray for us.  We don't know when we will go back to get her, but we will wait on the Lord.

Thanks :)

4 comments:

Mel said...

Still praying Megan!! I'm so sorry for this new delay. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know!!

hilary.jones.smith said...

~ I have been, and will continue to be in prayer for you and your family, Megan. I have been going through several trials lately and have found comfort and strength in Romans 5:3-5..."And not only [so],but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us."

~Love,
*Hilary

Aaron & Laura said...

We are praying for you guys. To have been where you are, I know there is nothing to say other than we are sorry. I think back to a post I made last February , maybe its message is for you. Stay strong.

jkseevers said...

we're praying Megan. I understand the warfare bit. This is NOT an easy journey. It's soo hard and painful at times, and joyful at others. We're lifting you up in prayer, and doing spiritual warfare on your behalf!

We are eager to see what God does in this situation. Praying that you have your sweet girl in your arms VERY SOON!

Blessings,
K